Friday, September 24, 2010

My very first adventure!

Spencer Read Henricksen

Born: Thursday, January 10, 2008 at 7:20pm!
Weight: 5lb 9.4oz
Length: 17.5in

Mommy was supposed to go in for an amnio test on Monday the 14th, and then have a c-section the next day, January 15th. Well, today she went in for a regular doctor visit and mentioned that she has been having some pain on her right side. The doctor decided to check it out and noticed that the scar on her uterus from her first surgery was tender. THIS IS NOT GOOD! This means that her uterus could rupture and we would possibly lose her and me! Because of this, her doctor decided that she should have her c-section today!
  Mommy called Daddy around noon telling him the news so he headed back to the office to get his stuff,  went home to pack, then came right over to the hospital! Mommy was told that I would be delivered between 3pm and 5pm, but there were a couple emergency c-sections that came in so we got bumped back. Mommy went into the c-section room at 7pm to get prepped and numb from the chest down, and Daddy was called back into the room to be with her at about 7:10pm. Five minutes later the doctor tells them that he sees a lot of dark hair, then at 7:20pm I was born! After being in the NICU for 9 days, I got to go home!! With my adventurous start in this world, Mommy and Daddy knew they were in for a crazy ride!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to read this each new post :). He just cracks me up! Oh...and you look gorgeous by the way! I wish I looked that good when I had Emmy! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete