Saturday, October 16, 2010

Not for the faint hearted.....So, Spencer is officially potty-trained!! We are so excited about this fact. For the past week he has been in big boy undies, and hasn't had an accident. We have even gotten brave and driven to Aunt Karrie's house, and stayed dry. Today, we went to Aunt Karrie's, and then we went to Target with her, and then drove home. No accidents! Spencer even fell asleep and didn't even have a drop on him. So, we decided to be really brave and go run some errands. He had a cup of juice he was sipping the whole time, so I knew he was going to have to pee at some point. Sure enough he started saying "pee pee potty mama, pee pee potty!" So, I told him to hold it tight and we kept driving. I saw our pediatricians office up the street, so we jetted in, and Ryan ran out of the car with him, and found an open office which was a rehab center. The receptionist was nice enough to let them use the potty, and he made it! After that we headed out, and a few minutes later Spencer told me he had to potty again, luckily we were right by Harmons, so Ryan ran in with him, and he went in the potty. Man, I am so proud of him knowing what it means to hold on, and also being able to relax and potty in a toilet different from our own. He loves the fact that he is wearing big undies now, and doesn't like wearing a diaper anymore. He wakes up in the morning, and takes off his pajamas and diaper and knocks on the door to tell me he has to pee pee. Now, if we could just get number two down, I would be in heaven! On Sunday, we got up and of course we had to make a big breakfast for conference. I was upstairs cooking, and Ryan was watching cartoons with Spencer. (it hadn't started yet..) All of a sudden I hear Ryan yelling "Spencer no, that is disgusting, No No No." I figured he could handle it. After about 10 min. they came upstairs and Ryan proceeded to tell me that Spencer ran off, so Ryan assumed he was playing in his room. He decided to check on him since it was really quiet. He walked in the bedroom, and saw Spencer naked on his bed playing with his poo. Yes, that's right, Spencer was PLAYING WITH HIS POO! So, Ryan cleaned it all up, cleaned up Spencer and came upstairs. I kept smelling poo all day, and around 5 we figured out that there was still a chunk on his bed, and because Spencer was sitting on the bed, he had smashed some poo on there from his bottom. So, I washed his bedding, and went on with the night. What are ya gonna do? Later that night after we were in bed, I sat up and said "Oh no, I hope he didn't try and taste it!" Luckily, Ryan said he took out Spencer's binky, and smelled his breath because he thought of the same thing... Gross!
(Original Post: 10/04/2040)

No comments:

Post a Comment